Come and see the beautiful woven rugs and bags, patchwork quilts and coverings, greeting cards and Christmas cards and decorations – all on sale in St. Bene’t’s Church, Benet Street CB2 3PT in the centre of Cambridge. We’ll be there all day, 10.30 am to 4.30 pm and hope to see you there. Please let your friends know too.
All the money will go back to Egypt to help support a struggling, disadvantaged community there – with education and training for children and adults – helping them to build better lives.
We will have a stall with a full range of beautiful recycled textile and paper products at St. Giles’ Fair, St. Giles’ Church, Cambridge CB3 0AQ.
There are two upcoming dates when you will have the chance to buy some of the beautiful products made by the weavers, patchworkers and papermakers of Mokattam Garbage Village.
1. 23rd November, 10.30 am to 4 pm at St. Bene’t’s Church, Benet St., Cambridge, CB2 3PT The full range of rugs, bags, quilts, cushions, decorations, cards and stationery will be on sale, including Christmas items.
2. 7th December, 10.00 am to 4 pm at St. Giles’ Church, Castle St, Cambridge, CB3 0AQ. This will be a smaller sale focussing on Christmas gifts and cards.
SOON in September – two sales of products made in the Garbage Village, Cairo. Patchwork items (small quilts, bags, cushion covers and useful household items such as oven gloves), woven rugs, mats and bags, and paper products (greetings cards, gift bags). These are all made from recycled materials, fairly traded and very affordable!
Both at St. Giles’ Church, Castle Street
14th September as part of St. Giles’ Fair
21st September as part of Castle Hill Open Day
We are holding two sales of products made in the Garbage Village, Cairo. We will have patchwork items (small quilts, bags, cushion covers and useful household items such as oven gloves), woven rugs, mats and bags, and paper products (Christmas cards, greetings cards, gift bags). These are all made from recycled materials, fairly traded and very affordable!
SALE on Saturday 24th November, 10.30 am to 4.00 pm at St. Bene’t’s Church, Benet Street, Cambridge (just off King’s Parade)
SALE on Saturday 8th December, 10.00 am to 4.00 pm at St. Giles’ Church, Castle St. Cambridge.
Some lovely young people are organising a fund-raising talent show for us on Saturday, 28th January at St. Mark’s Hounslow Centre, Broad Walk, Hounslow, TW5 9AB, London. The show runs from 5:30 pm until 10:00 pm. Tickets are on sale at the door, £15 each, with student concession at £10. The proceeds will all go to fund development projects in the ‘Garbage Village’ (Manshiet Nasr) in Cairo.
Included in the ticket price are;
- Performances by 10 hot new talents
- Amazing raffle! Prizes include helicopter ride, tickets to Brussels, Sat Nav, vouchers, Mp3’s, special makeover/spa treatment and more, so please don’t forget to bring money for the raffle so you don’t miss out on a great prize!
- Mouth-watering Egyptian food and refreshments
Stall selling greetings cards, patchwork and woven products made by zabbaleen women – all fairly traded and made from recycled materials
Further details from http://www.facebook.com/events/225704244160254 and Joanne 07739399910
Nearest underground station is Hounslow West
Map at http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=511980&y=176575&z=0&sv=TW5+9AB&st=2&pc=TW5+9AB&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf